Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Busy day

Happy April Fools. This year for the most part the kids didn't cry when they tried to eat their frozen cereal.
I was off to a slippery slow commute to SLC for primary training from the general presidency. The main theme seemed to be to simplify and help all the children reverently participate. I then went to Steiner's for a master's swim class. I got a great work out in the next to slowest lane (only non gray haired swimmer in my lane-- it always puts me in my place when I swim there). Technique gets quickly lost when I'm 'racing' even though I practice it and today I lost my dual side breathing during the speed workouts. I then stopped by the SL County government buildings (nice set up) for a ZAP grant meeting (Zoo, Arts, and Parks). I was hoping to apply for a grant for Alta View. They are starting a Spanish immersion program and I thought having an ethnic performance group come and perform at the school would be a great intro into the program. Unfortunately I found out that schools can't apply for the grants. I don't want to give up on that idea yet and am going to see if we can apply for it from the Jordan District Foundation or something.
I picked up the kids from school and from grandma's house. Heidi had an April Fool's happen when she got a call from a friend Haleigh who asked if she could play. Heidi was thrilled and anxiously awaited her arrival. She was surprised when Allie, not Haleigh showed up at the door. She quickly recovered though and had a nice play date.
I attended the BYU CON (College of Nursing) Mary Ellen Edmunds endowment dinner. Chieko Okazaki spoke as did Mary Ellen Edmunds. Chieko is 80 but still gave a very insightful talk on the role nurses can play and the term "gentle heart" also involving a wise and skillful mind.

No comments: